Fun Things To Do With Your Little One This Easter
You Will Need:
- Hard boiled or polystyrene eggs
- Coloured or patterned card
- Googly eyes
- Child friendly paint and paint brush
- Glue – PVA will be fine
- Cut the card into strips that are around an inch thick and secure them with glue into a circle, this will create a base for the egg animals and will give you somewhere to rest them whilst the paint is drying.
- Once you have created the stands, it’s time to paint the eggs; you may need a few coats to cover the base colour of the chosen eggs then leave them to dry.
- Now they are dry the eggs can be decorated and made into your little ones favourite animals, we used a mixture of coloured card and paint to make the ears, arms and faces.
- Once we had drawn them, we cut out and stuck them on to the eggs using tapes for them bits that were a little more tricky.
Easter Chick Cupcakes
You Will Need:
- 110g Butter
- 110g Caster Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 110g self raising flour
- 1-2 tbsp Milk
- Cupcake Cases
- 175g Golden Sugar (Caster)
- 280g Icing Sugar
- 450g Ground Almond
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 3-4 Drops of yellow food colouring
- Red Smarties
- Black decoration pen
- Pre Heat the oven to 180 degrees
- Mix together the butter and sugar adding the eggs once the mixture is pale
- Add the flour then the milk a little at a time, and once the mixture is smooth fill the cupcake cases until they are half full.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until golden brown then leave to cool
- Mix the sugars and almonds in a bowl then add the eggs – make sure to beat the eggs before adding them.
- Add the food colouring and mix altogether until a dough is formed.
- Dust the surface with icing sugar and knead the marzipan into a ball
- Take pieces of the Marzipan to create the three layers on top of the cake.
- Once all of the layers are in place add the Smarties to make the beak and feet
- Finally using the decoration pen, add eyes to your little chicks and enjoy!